Intundla Game Lodge & Bush Spa's Covid-19 Health and Safety Program
At Intundla Game Lodge & Bush Spa, we are fully aware of the enormous responsibility to provide an environment that will protect both our guests and our staff from the threat of the Covid-19 virus.
The health and safety of guests and staff have always been a top priority for us, and we have always adhered to the highest standards in this vital area. However, in the light of the coronavirus pandemic, we have elevated our processes and protocols to fight this disease and enshrined them in our Commitment to Care program.
This program includes a comprehensive set of cleaning and safety measures compiled in line with the recommendations of the South African Department of Health, the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) and the Federation of Hospitality Association of South Africa (FEDHASA). We are constantly staying abreast of any new recommendations to ensure that our business operates at the highest safety levels.
Intundla Game Lodge & Bush Spa's Covid-19 Health and Safety Protocols have redefine our daily hygiene practices and introduced new methods and protocols. The program has also involved a change in how we physically interact with our guests, and clearly spell out the social distancing standards that we expect everyone at our Lodge to adhere to.
1. Guest Arrival
To assist in the detection and prevention of the spread of the coronavirus infection, the arrival of our staff and guests include:
- • Temperature checks are conducted at all points of entry.
- • Sanitizer stations are placed at all entry points into the buildings.
- • Entry to the property are not be permitted without a mask.
2. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Staff are provided with and trained on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). This includes masks, gloves and Perspex shields.
3. Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitising
We maintain a high standard of cleanliness through the increased frequency of cleaning and sanitising. Particular attention are paid to high-touch surfaces and all kitchen areas.
- • Sanitizer stations at all entry points and throughout the property.
- • The sanitizer is hospital grade and above 70% alcohol content.
- • Paper towels and sanitizers are available in all bathrooms.
Guest room cleaning standards have been adapted to reduce the spread of the Covid-19 virus. This includes the use of hospital-grade cleaning products for all surfaces and linens specifically targeted at the new coronavirus.
- • Room keys are disinfected before issuing to guests.
- • Pens used on registration are disinfected before issuing to guests.
- • Luggage handling includes a cleaning process.
- • A ‘used items’ box in meeting rooms for used stationery items, which are disinfected after each event.
4. Physical and Social distancing
- • We have floor decals at queuing points to indicate the spacing between each person.
- • Restaurant furniture, conference furniture and lounge furniture are positioned to adhere to the physical distancing guidelines.
- • Maximum capacities in any given space, as indicated by the Department of Health, are strictly enforced.
- • No cash will be accepted, only EFT’s and credit cards.
- • Perspex screens are in place in the restaurant, reception and all dishing up areas.
- • Meals in the restaurant are served in a hybrid model. Food is displayed buffet-style BUT behind screens.
- • Only our staff are allowed to handle the crockery and cutlery and dish up the guests' choices.
- • Groups, such as friends, conferences and team building, are, as far as possible, separated for dinner and socializing.
5. Guest and staff education and training
The program is supported by a dedicated onsite Covid-19 Health and Safety Officer who constantly assesses risks and monitors the implementation and compliance of the recommendations by the Department of Health to give you confidence that all planned measures are scrupulously enforced.
- • Signage, reminding guests and staff about health, hygiene and the correct wearing of PPE, are positioned throughout the buildings.
- • Staff training includes support, response and reporting in the case of a suspected case.
- • Daily team briefings are conducted to reinforce hygiene and the safety protocols and processes.
In short, we are not only complying with all the requirements of all relevant authorities but going above and beyond these measures to do everything within our power to keep all who enter our premises as safe as possible. Collectively, we will beat this virus!