Intundla Game Lodge and Bush Spa is no ordinary venue. This Conference and Team Building Venue near Pretoria is a place where your Team can get Revitalised, Refreshed, Re-engaged and Re-focused. Team Building Company Kubunye recently engaged one of our visiting Companies, BOTASH, in some of their Team building activities. Among the activities was one of our clients’ favourites – The Potjie Competition. This activity just never seems to get old, and old and young can have so much fun but also learn about their Team Dynamics.
But before we look at the Winning Potjie recipe let’s look at The difference between engaged and disengaged employees (information courtesy Kubunye)
1. are always complaining and nothing is ever good enough for them
2. employees never take responsibility for their actions and are always looking for an excuse
3. lack enthusiasm for new projects
4. always saying it’s not my job and never go above and beyond
5. know everything and are too good to participate in creative thinking
6. prefer working alone
7. are easily distracted
8. do not invest in themselves and stagnate personally and in the company
9. are bystanders
10. Do not effectively contribute to team objectives
Related article: Why is Team Building Important?
1. Find the fun in all things and are grateful for the resources given to them
2. Take responsibility for their roles
3. Are enthusiastic
4. Never pass the monkey but assume responsibility to get things done
5. Love learning and are always looking for opportunities to improve
6. Love working in a team
7. Are focused on their roles and responsibilities
8. Heavily invest in themselves and grow personally and in the company
9. Are active members
10. Celebrate their contribution to the teams objectives
If you believe that you deserve a team of engaged employees, then we can and will assist you with our Team Ignite programs. CONNECT your team to awesome spirit, great relationships and fantastic performance
Related article: Team building Venue near Pretoria – Intundla Game Lodge & Bush Spa
Now for the WINNING Potjie Recipe (and yes you may try this at home)
Traditional Lamb and Potato Potjie
1.5kg lamb shanks
Tbsp olive oil
Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Tbsp Garam Masala
Couple of tomatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 Cup Beef stock
500g baby potatoes, in jackets
10 baby marrows, sliced
10 patty pans, halved
500g mushrooms, halved
salt and pepper to taste
Season the shanks lightly with salt and pepper and brown a few at a time in a heated pot until browned all over.
Add onion and spices and sauté until the onion is soft.
Add the vinegar and stir through.
Add the tomatoes and mix through.
Lower the heat, add stock and simmer until the shanks are done.
Add the baby potatoes after about 2 hours.
Simmer until the potatoes are almost soft and add the rest of the vegetables and heat until they’re just done but still al denté.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and another sprinkle of balsamic vinegar if you like.
Serve with brown rice.
Related article: Team Building at Intundla less than an hour from OR Tambo